Monday, August 5, 2013

Introduction

So this is my first blog post for Our Life and a Red Wheel Barrow.  I've been wanting to start one for a while and since school is getting ready to start up, I thought it'd be a good time.  I really want to use the blog to record our new trek into the world of homeschooling.  I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot to say about it.  
     The title Our life and a Red Wheel Barrow comes from the William Carlos Williams poem, "The Red Wheel Barrow."  I love the imagery from the poem and the idea that even seemingly insignificant things can be meaningful and important.  
      Tomorrow is the first day of public schools here in our county and I have a sophomore in high school that will start then.  We joke that it's too late for him to be saved by homeschooling and he's just out of luck.  Truth is, he loves the social aspect of school.  He's super bright and not being around people and all the activity just bums him out.  He's also so comfortable in his own skin, that I don't worry that "they" will get to him.  More about "them" in future posts.  I'm cool with him going, except I feel old or unprepared for him to be so old, I'm not sure which.  He turned 15 today, we practiced driving and my heart ached at the thought of him going away to college, which we discussed ad nauseum.  I also made a "15" collage out of adorable/embarrassing pictures of him through the years.  
    The starving kids are screaming, evidently they want me to fix dinner.  Demanding little boogers.  Hopefully this is a decent first attempt at blogging.  :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment