Wednesday, August 7, 2013


So here is what I'm working on today.  I'd have put a picture of what I was working on last night, but the recycling truck has already picked up my empty wine bottle.  That whole fearless living thing is rough some days. So today I'm organizing clothes for a consignment sale, doing a little scope and sequence planning for the kids schooling and putting homeschool supplies away.  It's raining and the kids are playing quietly so I'm also propping my eyelids open and not looking directly at my bed.  It's like a dog, if you make eye contact, you're finished.
We are going to use Time4Learning  as a base line for homeschooling.  I liked the concepts taught and the independent nature of the work and it's on the computer with updated animation, so all in all it's pretty cool. That will only be a snippet of the day, but it will help me organize the skills I'll teach throughout the year.  I started by going through the yearly lesson plan/scope and sequence on Time4Learning and writing down the skills my daughter would work on throughout the third grade term.  The language arts portion had me so excited.  I'm a grammar lover.  I get excited about sentence structure and usage.  Oh, especially usage. Now, when I got to the math, that was a different story.  I may or may not have had to google a term or two. I really think though that some of the things in the 3rd grade curriculum were what I learned (or was supposed to learn) in high school.
I should take the time to explain here that I was a teacher for 15 years.  I taught pre-k for 4 years, 1st grade for 4 years and kindergarten for 7 years.  Kindergarten was always my true love.  I could totally rock kindergarten math like nobody's business.  Ok, so this post is over.  I mean, I'm done writing for now so, yeah.  Um...(insert witty/wise/profound sign off here)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment